Digital Innovation Services
Vation Inc. is a boutique digital design and development firm. Our carefully-selected clients benefit from our expertise and experience at delivering digital services. We don't do waterfall - we follow an Agile model to map, sketch, prototype, and test with users throughout the process.Latest Blog Posts...
Citizen-centred service design and development
- Long-time collaborators on Canada’s Web Experience Toolkit
- UX and research leader for Canada.ca 2015-2016
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP): a pilot online regulatory consultation & analysis platform with Privy Council Office (PCO), Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat (TBS), and The Community of Federal Regulators (CFR)
- Experienced facilitators and project leaders - Design Sprints, Service Design
- Advanced prototyping skills to quickly get the team and users deeply involved in the design process.
- Lisa’s research and design influence have touched almost every part of Canada.ca, from page templates to information architecture.
- A lively presenter, Lisa has spoken at GTEC, at the Information Architecture Summit, at User Experience Professionals Association, at the Service Design in Government conference, and most recently at FWD50 2018.
- Lisa’s bio, projects, and articles
- Steve has led high-performing teams in many world-leading development projects.
- He maintains his own web services to stay up-to-date with evolving technology.
- Develops web tools, prototype websites, data collection tools, and data analysis and reporting tools.
- Recent work has included many iPad mobile applications.
Latest speaking, writing & releases
- Talk: FWD50 2018 From Nudge to Sludge: 3 ways outcomes go wrong online – Presentation Slides
- Talk: Designing app-like responsive web experiences
- Release: Create accessible copies of reports and summary tables
- Release: The accessibility and privacy oriented Hugo template that this website uses
- Video: Answers not Information talk at the Government of Canada
- Conference talk: Too minimal - role of UX research in government MVP
- Post: A Government Minimum Viable Product – Learning from small successes & small failures
- Post: Bringing Logic to Government Design Sprints
- Webinar: User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA) International Stretching online research tools to meet your research goals
- Release: Pilot of Canada’s first online regulatory consultation - https://regconsultation.ca/consultation/a8r-en.html
- Conference talk: Service Design in Government 2017, London UK: Ask Don’t Tell – Using questions to personalize online service
- Latest iOS App Releases
Latest Blog Posts…
- Date modified: